×

Not just another beauty blog...

Clinique 'Hefty Highlight'


There has been a lot of talk about this and its contouring counterpart, Curvy Contour, since it was announced that Clinique were going to be releasing them. Part of the sculpting duo, the highlighter is a creamy, almost pink pearlescent highlighter to use along cheekbones, as an eyebrow highlight, collarbone highlight etc. I've used a few of these before, most notably one from The Body Shop which I have had for (far too many) years but that I just find myself reaching for time and time again because it gives such a beautiful, dewy but not shiny sheen to the skin. The Body Shop one leaves the skin feeling slightly tacky, which generally I don't mind but sometimes I find that this can go slightly patchy on my skin, so I was hoping from the Clinique one that it would be a slightly less tacky finish.



Luckily, it still manages to give a beautiful sheen to the skin, slightly less so than others I have used, but doesn't feel sticky and adds a beautiful glow. I, as well as many others, am always looking for the ideal set of products to create that barely-there, glowing from within skin look, and having combination to oily skin, this can be difficult. Often times when I use products, say a BB (CC, DD, EE blahblah) cream that is meant to look dewy and healthy, I just end up looking like a grease ball (or at least feeling like I do, people do often say I look nicely dewy but I just feel oily) and having to powder away any sheen I did have. At the same time, I'm not the biggest fan of powder highlighters as they are no where near as natural and I just haven't found one that can really achieve that same look as a beautiful creamy highlighter can do.This one is definitely so far so good. I find that it lats all day, even when I'm at work from 8.30-6, and I find the colour very flattering on my pale skin. I'm not sure how it would look on b=more tanned skin as it is definitely quite pink, but I would certainly recommend this if you're on the lookout for a new highlighter. 


As for the contour I haven't yet managed to get my hands on this as it was sold out when I purchased the highlighter and I haven't yet had a chance to pop to any others. I definitely want to give it a try though so I'd love to know your thoughts if you've got it. I am quite pale and the swatch I tried in store did seem pretty orange but I'm sure with enough blending it could look beautiful. I bought mine from Debenhams and it costs £19. Let me know your thoughts!

No comments

Copyright © Sophie ElgarCREATED BY ThemeShine