×

Not just another beauty blog...

Morning Skincare Routine


Back with another skincare routine today, this time the morning edit. There a less products and less treatments here - it's all about getting things done quick so I can get out the door on time. Up until probably my second year of uni I was one of those terrible people that didn't wash their face in the morning. Looking back on it I can't imagine how I did it because the thought of not washing the oils that have been produced overnight off makes me feel distinctly horrible!

Vichy Normaderm - I like to use a pretty simple cleanser in the morning, I switch between the Clarins one that I featured in my Evening Skincare Routine and this Vichy Normaderm one. I picked it up a while ago when my previous Clarins cleanser had run out to give something new a go and I like it a lot. It's paraben, soap and alcohol free, which 'cleanses sebum and impurities, without over drying'. It also has salicylic and glycolic acids in which helps to very mildly exfoliate. It leaves the skin feeling refreshed and ready for the day.

Boots Botanics Rosewater Toning Spritz - After this, I will occasionally use this toning water. I bought this ages ago and it's still going strong, although that's probably because I go through phases of not using it at all. I don't think it does much and I wouldn't repurchase, but it smells nice and, again, feels refreshing on the skin.

Effaclar Duo - Once I'm done with cleansing, I often move on to the Effaclar Duo. I tend to use this in the morning mostly because I use other treatment type things in the evening, but also because it leaves absolutely no residue and is therefore perfect to wear under make up. I haven't had any of the amazing results from this as some other bloggers and YouTubers seem to have, but for some reason I still really like it.

Effaclar Mat - After this I will follow with either one of the two moisturisers pictured. Depending on how my skin feels, I will either use the Effaclar Mat for days when I feel a bit more oily, or the Clarins Daily Energizer Cream-Gel, for when I feel I want a bit more moisture. I was looking back and I can't believe I haven't reviewed the Effaclar Mat before because I've used it for around a year and a half now and absolutely love it. When I first purchased it I was a bit underwhelmed, but after about three weeks of using it every morning I noticed remarkable improvements in my skin. It looked smoother, my pores seemed reduced and it just looked really rather good, if I do say so myself. I repurchased it a couple of weeks ago after not using it for a couple of months, and I absolutely love it.

I'd love to know if you've used any of these products, or let me know what you use in the morning! 

Sophie

No comments

Copyright © Sophie ElgarCREATED BY ThemeShine