×

Not just another beauty blog...

Showdown: Rimmel Lash Accelerator - Old Vs. New

This is a review and comparison of the original Lash Accelerator Mascara vs. the new Lash Accelerator Endless mascara. I've been a fan of the original for a few years now and was interested to see how the newer version would compare (please excuse the packaging of my original, I've had it for longer than I probably should have). 

L-R: Original, New

I was expecting some similarities seeing as they are the same range, however, they are very different. For starters, the older version has a bristle brush and the new one has a plastic wand, which in my opinion makes a big difference to any mascara application. I don't have a preference as to wands in general, I like both plastic and bristle, but I was surprised that the two would be different for these mascaras. I love the shape of the original wand and think it works well being a bristle brush. The wand on the new one has very small plastic 'bristles'. 

The new Lash Accelerator Endless gives good definition, and can be built up to give a good amount of volume. The formula isn't too wet, even when new, which helps to be able to build it up. I find that about two coats is enough to get a good amount of lashes going on and have found it to be pretty long lasting too. The wand is much more flexible than the original, but I don't really know what difference that makes! Both mascaras are relatively easy to remove, with not too much scrubbing of the eye area involved.

In terms of helping lashes to grow, I always felt like the older version really did make a difference to my lashes and helped them grow a bit thicker. I've probably not had the new version quite long enough to be able to say for sure whether this will be the case for this one too, but I'll keep you posted. Plus, it all helps doesn't it?

Overall, I like both. If I had to choose I think I would stick with the original, mainly because I prefer the shape of the wand and the general application of it. But both are good and do what they say on the tin, so if you are on the hunt to try a new mascara, or happen to see either of them on offer, I would definitely recommend them. 

Sophie 

Both the Original and New versions are £7.99 from Boots, and are on 3-for-2 at the moment. 

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter and Bloglovin'

1 comment

  1. I've heard great things about the original, in yet to try it buy I may try it now ! Thanks x
    Lyndseymaebeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Sophie ElgarCREATED BY ThemeShine