×

Not just another beauty blog...

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine in 'Grapefruit'

I know these nail varnishes have been doing quite the rounds in the blogging world recently, but I've actually had mine since October last year. I picked one up a couple of days before I went away to Egypt for a holiday, and I wanted a nice bright polish to get me in the holiday mood. There weren't many shades to choose from at the time, and I know they've expanded their colour collection more recently. 


The shade I picked up is 'Grapefruit' - a gorgeous, almost neon pink. As the name suggests it does leave an incredible shine on the nails. The pictures in this post show only one coat of colour and no top coat (hadn't got that far!). As you can see the opacity of these polishes (well, the one I've tried anyway) is pretty impressive so if you were in a rush and only had 10 minutes to paint your nails, these would be a good choice because you could do one quick coat and you're out the door. The texture is more 'gloopy' than other polishes, obviously because they're going for the gel-nail finish, but they are touch-dry relatively quickly so it's not an issue. I will emphasise the 'touch-dry' point, as I find that they do take a bit longer to be completely dry and if you were to accidentally bang your nail or scratch it too soon, they would definitely be left with a mark.

I think I will be picking up some more shades for Spring, as I really like the finish they give to the nails and with a base and top coat I get a good four days wear out of them. For £3.99 you can't go wrong and I definitely recommend them. 

Sophie

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Varnishes are £3.99 at Boots

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter and Bloglovin'!

No comments

Copyright © Sophie ElgarCREATED BY ThemeShine