×

Not just another beauty blog...

bareMinerals SS13 Remix Collection: 'The Wild Thing' Eye Palette

Good afternoon! 

Long-time no see and all that! I do hope everyone out there is well. I can't 
believe how long it has been since I last blogged but I'm not going to bore the 
socks off you with reasons (mostly I've just been a bit busy and not focused enough) 
but I'm here today with a new post which I hope you'll like. I'm going to have some 
more time on my hands now so things over here on Duck and Egg should be 
getting a bit more lively!


Today I've got a review of the new(ish) eyeshadow palette from the
 bareMinerals SS13 collection 'Remix'. This palette is called 'The Wild Thing' and 
has four shades:
L-R: Controversy, Elitist, Icon, Sensational

- 'Sensational' - a very light blue/green shimmer (all the shades have some 
shimmer in) and makes a really pretty inner corner highlight (and something a bit 
more exciting than a simple vanilla highlight). 
- 'Icon' - lime green shade with small gold glitter particles that
 looks terrifying in the pan but can look good if used in the right way and, I 
have found, really makes blue eyes pop. 
- 'Elitist' - a satiny finish mid tone brown than can easily be used on its own for a 
quick subtle smokey eye look.
- 'Controversy' - A deep electric navy blue which could be used in a multitude of 
ways - a twist on a smoky eye, a gorgeous liner or blended into the crease. 

The formula of these shadows is really nice. The dark navy needs layering to get 
a really good colour pay off as it can come off slightly chalky, but nothing to 
worry too much about. The others are all incredibly creamy and long lasting, 
and all of course have the skin-loving minerals in them to keep your lids looking 
smoother and younger for longer. Apologies for the shockingly bad picture of it on 
my eye, this was taken today after about six hours wear, and the lighting isn't brilliant. 
I was hoping to get a good picture this morning when I applied it but, well that just 
didn't happen! I used Icon all over the lid, Elitist blended into the crease and 
Controversy underneath the lash line for some smokiness. Overall, I really like this 
palette for a little injection of something a bit different to all the neutrals in my collection, 
and I have found it much more wearable than it might first appear.

p.s. If you do pop by a bareMinerals counter whilst the Remix collection is still available, I would 
urge you to take a look at the 'Secret Radiance'. It's an unbelievably gorgeous highlight/all over 
face colour that I am dying to get my hands on and gives you the most amazing subtle bronze glow. 

Sophie

'The Wild Thing' Palette retails for £29

No comments

Copyright © Sophie ElgarCREATED BY ThemeShine