×

Not just another beauty blog...

Make Up Monday: Essie Adore-a-Ball and Base Coat









Good afternoon, thought I'd ease myself back in gently by doing a nail post. Not the most exciting but I have to say I love this colour from Essie. They really are the go-to brand for barely-there, nude, beautiful shades dontcha think? I picked this one up a few months ago but never got round to blogging about it, it's a colour that really makes your nails look more healthy and even makes the tips look whiter. In these pictures I have three coats on, so it's definitely sheer, but I think it looked even better in person than it does in the pictures here. I also wore this on my toes for a few weeks, I think I put four coats on to get more opacity, and it was such a refreshing change from my usual red toenails. 

I also picked up the Ridge Filling base coat from Essie, which leaves a really nice base for nail colour. Don't know how good its ridge filling abilities are because I don't have particularly ridged nails anyway (why did I buy it then?!) but it dries almost matte which I think helps other polish to stay on longer. I really want the shade Fiji but considering I'm unemployed at the moment I'm thinking it would be very unwise to spend money on such frivolities! But we'll see! I really hope you're all well and having a great day, and I look forward to getting some more posts up ASAP! Bye for now!

No comments

Copyright © Sophie ElgarCREATED BY ThemeShine