×

Not just another beauty blog...

Make-Up Monday: Candystripe Nails





Good morning! So after sharing with you the Wah Nails Book of Nail Art, I thought the next logical step would be to show you a look I recreated from it. I've actually recreated a couple of them now, but don't want to overwhelm you with amazing nails (haha) so I'll just show you the one today. Now, the look would work a lot better (in my opinion anyway) on longer nails (which I am desperately trying to get, anyone got any good tips to for growing nails? My main problem is peeling on the index fingers and occasionally breakages) so you will have to use your imagination! I got quite a few compliments wearing this look and it is absolutely perfect for summer - it looks like little deck chairs on your fingers! The colours I used were Essie's 'To Buy Or Not To Buy', Maxfactor 'Mellow Yellow', Revlon 'Minted' (that classic!), Rimmel 'Aqua Cool' 420, Revlon 'Silver' and a Sally Hansen white which has a thin brush for the stripes. I think I might do this look again when I go on my hols because I did enjoy wearing it. However I did just buy three new polishes which need (yes need) testing so maybe not. 

Hope you're all fantastically well and I just wanted to say thankyou to Catrine from Unnaked Nails for mentioning me on her blog yesterday, it was so sweet of her and if you haven't been over to her blog already you really really should. She gives me major nail envy because hers are exactly the shape that I want and are such a good length - I am jealous! She does some amazing nail art and just basically has a very lovely blog - so go now! Anyway, that's it for today, hope you all had a good weekend and speak soon!

p.s. I don't know if I dreamt it or actually did post about the new top coat I'm using at the moment but I've started using the Nail's Inc 'Albert Bridge' 45 second dry topcoat and it is fantastic. It dries super quick and leaves your nail feeling so smooth. Also, I have noticed a reduction in the amount of chipping I get throughout the day, so all in all a winner in my books! 

No comments

Copyright © Sophie ElgarCREATED BY ThemeShine