×

Not just another beauty blog...

Weekend Post: The Wah Nails Book of Nail Art




One of my very good friends, who obviously knows me very well, got me this amazing nail art book for my birthday. It's called The Wah Nails Book of Nail Art, by Sharmadean Reid. Sharmadean is the founder of Wah Nails and opened her first nail salon in Dalston in 2009 which has gone from strength to strength ever since. I've never really been that much into really technical and difficult-looking nail art because I've never had the right tools to get it right. However, after receiving this I think I might have to go out and get me some nail art pens! I do, however, own a white with a fine brush that seemed perfect for recreating one of the looks, which I shall show you in Monday's Make-up post. For now though I wanted to just show you the book and a few of the looks in it because it has really inspired me to try and recreate some of them. It can be easy to get stuck in a nail rut and just paint you nails one flat colour (don't get me wrong, I do love a clean and simple nail) but sometimes it is nice to jazz things up a bit, and with a book such as this it breaks nail art down into simple steps so that you can give them a go at home! It definitely takes a bit of practice before you get it right, but that's all part of the fun! This book is perfect for flicking through and you're bound to come away inspired and ready to make your nails look fabulous. The pictures and illustrations in the book are really cool - it even comes with a 'Design Your Own' page and a page of stickers at the back; what more could a girl want!

Hope you're all having a great weekend and go out there and get inspired to do something different with your nails! Be sure to let me know if you've got some wonderful and wacky nail art designs going on, I'd love to see them! Bye for now and speak soon! 

No comments

Copyright © Sophie ElgarCREATED BY ThemeShine