×

Not just another beauty blog...

Wednesday Review - Origins 'Brightening Musts'





Aloha! I hope you're all well and have been enjoying the sunshine we've been having in the UK today. I went on a lovely day trip with some friends today, something I'll talk about a little more in my weekend post! Anyway, as mentioned in a previous post, it was my birthday not too long ago and one of the presents I was given by my wonderful parents was this little trio of beauty delights. I'd been wanting to give the Origins VitaZing a go for a long time, as well as the GinZing eye cream, so was delighted to see that they were available (limited edition for the summer I believe) in a package deal. You get a full size VitaZing, a travel size (but very generous) GinZing and a travel size Modern Friction exfoliator. For those of you who don't know VitaZing is an 'energy-boosting' moisturises with a tint of colour in, great for slightly even-ing out the skin-tone and providing a glow to your complexion, worn either alone or underneath your foundation. Ginzing eye cream is a brightening eye cream which reduces puffiness and brightens up the eye area and Modern Friction is a gentle dermabrasion scrub.

I'd heard on the grapevine that VitaZing was actually better than the Estee Lauder Daywear and as I now own both I thought I'd give you my opinion on the matter. They both mention this whole 'Sheer tint release' thing, which basically means it comes out a kind of greyish white colour and then blends in to your natural skin colour. Now, I do love the Estee Lauder Daywear and I definitely prefer the scent of that to the Origins, however, on the whole (and I didn't think I'd say this) I do actually prefer the VitaZing. A common problem with the Daywear is that it can easily look a bit too orangey and leaves you very glowy. Now I'm all for a nice dewy complexion, but this (on me especially who has quite oily skin) was just a bit too much. I find the VitaZing to be a lot easier to blend in, not orangey at all, and much less shiny in comparison. I still use both but do definitely find VitaZing a lot easier to wear. 

GinZing eye cream claims to refresh and brighten and was something that I'd heard a lot about before actually getting it, and so far I am really pleased that I've had the opportunity to try it. I've never had an eye cream that I go back to or use on a regular basis because I haven't found one that's particularly effective, but this really does what it says on the tin. It has a kind of sheeny, pink look to it which you can actually see brightening your eyes as you apply it. I only use this in the mornings as an eye refresher but have found that not only does it do that, but it also makes my under-eye concealer go on smoother and has reduced any potential concealer-sitting-in-fine-line cases (I do have to watch out for these things now that I'm 22 and OLD).


Finally, I have found the Modern Friction dermabrasion scrub to be very nice to use and effective at making your skin feel soft and smooth, however at £30 for a full size I don't think I'd repurchase it simply because there are many dermabrasion scrubs out there which cost a lot less and, in my opnion, work just as well as this. In fact I bought one from the Boots Botanics range about a month ago which I have been testing out and I really do like. I'll probably do a full review of that sometime soon, but at the moment it is doing a perfectly good job.

There we have it, a little round up of three much talked about beauty products, all of which I do really like but probably only two I would think about re-purchasing. If you do see the 'Brightening Musts' collection available near you I would recommend picking it up, it cost £26 which is the same price as the VitaZing on its own, so well worth investing in. I hope you enjoyed this post, do let me know what you thought if you've tried any of these products, and I hope you like my new post schedule! I'll be sure to get some more nail posts in there as well because I love doing them and I hope you like seeing and reading about them. Speak soon and have a good evening!

No comments

Copyright © Sophie ElgarCREATED BY ThemeShine