×

Not just another beauty blog...

You are my sweetest downfall...


Don't you just love the song that those words came from - Regina Spektor's 'Samson'. It's one of my favourite songs ever, and I can't put my finger on why. It evokes a million memories for me and just has the sweetest melody. I don't have a specific topic to talk about today, I just felt like coming on here and having a talk. Do you ever go through the day and have so many ideas of what you want to write about but when it comes to it, sometimes you just want to sit and type and see what comes out? Well that's me today. I do have beauty things to photograph and reviews to write, but not today. Today is for talking, contemplating, wondering. I've been feeling a bit strange recently, like I'm waiting for something to happen or walking along with my eyes closed. I seem to have had a lot on my mind but when I've come to think about them there doesn't seem to be one concrete thought that I can pin down and wallow over. I need a wallow, but don't seem to have the time or the ability to stop thinking for long enough. 

I'm off back down to London this weekend for a friend's birthday which should give me the chance to switch off and enjoy being with some of my favourite people. Get some things off my chest and, for once, I'm going on the train (instead of driving) so I can catch up on some reading because I've been slacking on my new year's resolution to read 30 books this year. Which reminds me, the book I'm reading now is called 'Headhunters' by Jo Nesbo and so far seems quite good. I'm just over a quarter of the way through and something quite dramatic has just happened (I won't put a spoiler in though, don't worry!) so I'm looking forward to switching off and reading for an hour or so on the journey. 

I feel like I haven't had the chance to sit down and properly do some blogging for too long (not just writing blogs, but looking at other blogs and reading and commenting and all those things that I love to do). It's amazing how quickly you can feel disconnected from the blogging world if you don't keep it up religiously. Not that I haven't been posting or visiting my favourite blogs, I have, but it can easily start to feel like you're missing out on something or not doing quite enough to keep it interesting. I don't really know what I'm talking about but hopefully some of you will be able to understand what I mean! And I know it seems like a lot of bloggers talk about this sort of thing from time to time, but it does really help to get those feelings out there and not bottled up inside. Oh dear, this has turned much more rambly and nonsensical than I was hoping, I just seem to be finding it hard to construct any sort of logical train of thought or feeling at the moment. Hopefully it'll sort itself out soon because I've managed to give myself a headache thinking about it now. Anyway. Back to normal tomorrow I promise, in fact I'm going to go and paint my nails ready for the weekend so I'll be in a much better/more normal mood when I've finished (fumes always help don't they ;)?) I hope you're all having a great week and I look forward to speaking again soon, byebye for now! 

No comments

Copyright © Sophie ElgarCREATED BY ThemeShine