×

Not just another beauty blog...

Oh how I love thee!


Good morning! If you've been reading my blog for a while you may be aware that I have a slight love affair with Clarins. I don't know if I'm the only one but do you ever feel like there are certain brands out there that you just feel are right for you? Well that's how I feel about Clarins, I just love everything about this brand. I don't know if its because it's a French brand, and anyone who knows me knows that I have an, as yet unfulfilled, desire to live in France, specifically Paris or whether its just because every experience I have had of their products has been a darn good one. So, on that note, I went to my local Clarins counter last week to re-purchase my cleanser and moisturiser and was rather excited to see that there was a special offer on. On purchasing two full size products you could receive three (very generous) travel sized samples of products to try. There was a choice of ten and the lovely lady at the counter talked me through each one and I am here to show you my choices! And boy am I pleased! 













First just (another) quick rave about the cleanser and moisturiser I use, because I love them so very much! I've been using them for about a year now and have not looked back. I use the Daily Energizer range, which is specifically aimed at 18-25 year olds, and I feel has seriously improved the overall appearance of my skin and significantly reduced the amount of breakouts I get. I use the cleansing gel which claims to 'deliver fresh-looking complexion radiance' and the Cream-Gel moisturiser (there's a choice of this one and just the cream version for drier skins) which claims to 'visibly diminish imperfections to provide...a healthy looking radiant complexion'. I honestly could not recommend them enough, but obviously everyone's skin is different so what works for me might not work for you! 


Now, onto the exciting little freebies I got. First off I chose another cleanser (the Gentle Foaming Cleanser) which, with hindsight probably wasn't the best choice seeing as that was what I was buying anyway. But that's neither here nor there, I haven't actually used this yet because I just can't stop using my daily energizer one, but when that runs out I will definitely be giving it a go and I'll let you know how it goes. I am a bit dubious because I've used a foaming cleanser from Clinique before and absolutely hated it! Seriously, I don't know if any of you have used it, it's called the Rinse-off Foaming Cleanser and it leaves the weirdest feeling on your skin which I can't even explain, it just feels kind of sticky but not tacky. It's really strange (and really stung my eyes)! Anyway, here's hoping this one is better! 


Next up is this absolute beaut! I probably wouldn't have gone for a bath or shower type of product as my freebie in the beginning because I already have far too many samples to use up, but after I smelt this at the counter there was no looking back! This smells absolutely incredible! Now, I will warn you, this scent is not for the faint hearted. If you are not one for a strong fragrance or if you like your fragrances very girly and sweet then this is not for you! Seriously, this product packs a heady punch. It's got a herbal, aromatic scent with essential oils to relax tired muscles and can be used in the bath or shower. It hasn't got a thick lather, it's lightweight and I actually find it quite refreshing to use in the shower. I've not poured it into a nice warm bath yet but I can imagine that breathing in the scent of this before bed would send me to sleep pretty quickly! Absolutely love it and would recommend it for anyone who loves a bit of an assault on the nostrils now and again! 


And finally, I chose the fragrance 'Eau des Jardins'. And let me tell you, I am in love. This is everything I have been looking for in a summer scent, and so much more! It is absolutely beautiful and not only is it a gorgeous smell, it is also described as a treatment fragrance which 'moisturises, soothes and ensures beautifully soft skin'. The lady at the counter said to gently press it into your skin when you apply it  to ensure the fragrance lasts longer as well as making sure the benefits, such as the essential oils and plant extracts, really get into your skin and work their magic. The only thing I would prefer from this was that the travel size came with a spray applicator, because I'm just lazy and it's harder to dab it on from the bottle! But apart from that I cannot complain, it is the most gorgeous fragrance and a happy addition to my collection. I think the lady said that the freebies would total up to something like £61 so I was pretty darn cheery when I walked away with my bag full of goodies! 

So that's all for today folks, I hope you don't mind me ranting on about Clarins all hours of the day! Do you have a favourite brand that you love for reasons unfathomable to others? If so, let me know and I hope you're al having a great day and enjoying the sunshine (or what's left of it anyway). I'll be back tomorrow with another post, I'm having a writing day today to try and get back on track and will definitely be putting some more nail posts up soon. Speak soon and au revoir! 

No comments

Copyright © Sophie ElgarCREATED BY ThemeShine