×

Not just another beauty blog...

MAC Vegas Volt Lipstick


One of my gorgeous girlfriends was amazingly kind and bought me a lipstick the other day as my secret Santa present (yes we were long overdue exchanging these presents haha!). We have been terribly disorganised when it comes to seeing each other but we finally all managed to get together not too long ago and we had a fantastic time, topped off by receiving this beauty! She knew I wanted something from MAC because I was going on about it so off to the counter we went and I picked up the seriously gorgeous 'Vegas Volt'. I originally went with 'Costa Chic' in mind, but they were sold out and I was kindly directed to this colour as a near alternative (I'll just have to go back and get the other one at some point). It's much more orangey than Costa Chic, but personally I love an orange toned lip product, so I was not disappointed. I took an Instagram shot because the colour in natural light was just not doing it justice, it's much more orangey-red than it appears in the second picture and also a lot brighter. I really do love it. I wore it out the night we were all together and, as well as loving the colour, the staying power was very impressive. I made sure to layer up the product in thin coats to ensure maximum staying power and, boy I was not disappointed! It's an Amplified finish so it's very pigmented and the texture is a lot more creamy than I was expecting which was a big bonus! I would highly recommend this colour as a nice alternative to a classic red lip, something a bit more modern and still really wearable if you apply only a thin layer. 

I would like to apologise, both to you lovely readers and to my friend, for its slightly dishevelled appearance. As I said I did wear it on a night out (and therefore took it with me for top-ups) and somehow it got a little bit bashed around. But hey-ho, that is so not the point! The point is I am in love with this lipstick, I can't recommend it highly enough!
I thought I'd include a (blurry) picture of me wearing it, here with my gorgeous girl Flo. What do you think? Are you a red lipstick kinda girl, or do you prefer something more natural and nude? I hope you enjoyed this review and be sure to let me know if you've tried this colour, or if there are any you'd recommend for me to try! Hope you're all having a fantastic day. Speak soon, Byebye!

No comments

Copyright © Sophie ElgarCREATED BY ThemeShine