×

Not just another beauty blog...

MAC Costa Chic Lipstick


























Left Vegas Volt (again, sorry it looks horrible); Right Costa Chic
























Left Vegas Volt; Right Costa Chic



Well hello there! I am so sorry that I haven't posted in what seems like forever, there's just been some stuff happening recently which has made it difficult to get posts up. However, I am back now and hope never to leave again! So how have you all been?! I have so missed sitting down and writing, I know it has actually only been a week but it feels like a LOT longer. Anyway, I was down in good old London again at the weekend for one of my friend's birthdays and whilst I was had some time to kill I happened to be around the Covent Garden area and, as many of you may know, there is a MAC store there which was just calling to me! I mentioned in a previous post (read all about it here) that I wanted to pick up Costa Chic lipstick, and whaddya know, I just went and got it! I'm just that crazy. Even though I haven't actually tried that many MAC lipsticks yet, I think the price you pay for the quality that they are (I've not tried a bad one yet) is really fantastic. (Also, before I get onto the colour, why has no one ever told me that MAC lipsticks smell and taste like Mini Eggs? I think this is a pretty huge selling point!) Anyway, Costa Chic is a really bright pinky-coral with a frost finish. It really brightens up your face and would be perfect for one of those days where you can't really be bothered to do anything with your eyes but still want to look somewhat interesting.

I did mention in my previous MAC lipstick post that I had been recommended Vegas Volt as an alternative to Costa Chic and I can see why - they are extremely similar, with Vegas Volt being more orangey and fiery and Costa Chic more pink toned. I don't see this as a problem in the slightest though. I love both but possibly prefer Vegas Volt due to the finish. I'm not a massive lover of a frost finish but I do think that with a lovely golden tan and beach babe hair this finish would work perfectly. Even though I have a really quite ridiculous (and ever expanding) collection of all manner of lip products, it still excites me so much when I get a new one! Does anyone else get that? It's really quite unnerving. I've finally managed to finish the next book for my new years resolution so will be putting a review up tomorrow. That's all for today folks so I shall speak again soon and I really do hope you're all swell :) Byebye! 


No comments

Copyright © Sophie ElgarCREATED BY ThemeShine