×

Not just another beauty blog...

Disappointing Product #1


Good morning everyone, are you all enjoying this gorgeous sunshine that we're having? I hope so and I hope you're managing to get outside and savour a bit of it! This post is about, clearly from the title, a product that I was left a bit disappointed by. I don't know if I'll make it into a little series because, to be honest, not that many products disappoint me - I'm quite easily pleased. But I thought I'd number it just in case! So this first product is Umberto Giannini's 'Backcomb in a Bottle'. I've heard a bit about it but the main reason I picked it up was because on this particular day my hair was feeling very lacklustre and I was in town before I started work so thought I'd pick up a travel size and see how it went. And to be honest it was very blah. I don't really know what I was expecting but this product just didn't do anything for my hair except make it feel dirty and a bit horrible.

Now my hair, on the whole, does what I want it to and I can usually get the required amount of volume just using some sort of product before I blow dry, but on days when I want a bit more, I thought this would be the ticket. But no matter what I did (giving it a "jujj" as it says on the bottle) it just didn't really do anything. I have to say I much prefer to use a dry shampoo as opposed to this. I know dry shampoo can also make your hair feel a bit gross sometimes but I actually find that it gives me more volume and, as a bonus, soaks up a bit of the grease if you're a day or so after your last wash. However, this is where another of Umberto Giannini's products really sings. I've tried their dry shampoo and I absolutely love it. It claims not to leave any white powder in your hair or leave you looking grey and it definitely doesn't in my hair. It smells fantastic and I find it to be a lot less heavy and obvious-feeling than something like Batiste. So whilst I wouldn't recommend the Backcomb in a Bottle, I would really strongly recommend giving their dry shampoo a go if you're looking to buy one. I actually need to repurchase this because I have run out of all forms of dry shampoo whic is not good on those mornings when you're either in a rush or just can't be bothered.

So there we go, I hope this was helpful and I know a lot of people love this product so don't just take me word for it, it just didn't really work for me. I hope you're all having a great day and I'm sorry my posts aren't as regular as I would like at the moment, I will get back on it properly and have some good things lined up! Speak soon , byeeee! 

No comments

Copyright © Sophie ElgarCREATED BY ThemeShine