×

Not just another beauty blog...

March GlossyBox - Harrods Special Edition


Well, I'm sure most of you will have probably read a review of it somewhere else but just thought I'd share with you what I thought about it and give a little review of the products I got. I have been getting increasingly more disappointed with the boxes I've received, I don't know if I'm just expecting too much or just becoming bored with the idea but I am considering cancelling my subscription.

When I first signed up, which was last May (?) I was ridiculously excited and I'm sure the first few boxes I got were so much better than ones I've got recently, but I can't decide if that's just because I'm looking back with rose-tinted glasses. I can't quite bring myself to cancel it just yet, I keep saying I'll just see what the next one is like but then I don't want to risk missing out on a really good one!! Anyway, here's what I thought of this month's offering.

Firstly the packaging, as always, was lovely. The white box was gorgeous and there was Harrods ribbon inside which, if like me you have a weird love for ribbon of all shapes and sizes, was probably one of the most exciting things in it!





So, first product was a Narciso Rodriguez 'For Her' perfume sample. I have liked this fragrance for a while when I've smelt it in shops but I just hate getting perfume samples in the box. It seems like such a cop out and is always disappointing. The only good thing is that, yes, they are good to carry around in your bag instead of a huge bottle of perfume, but I have a ridiculous amount of tiny little samples now and I just DON'T. WANT. ANY. MORE! 










Next up was the Molton Brown 'Heavenly Gingerlily Moisture Bath and Shower'. This smells lovely and was one of the best products in the box. Obviously, Molton Brown is a very well-respected and loved brand and the sample was a decent size and the packaging is lovely. I haven't actually used it yet but I imagine that, like the other Molton Brown products I've tried, I won't be disappointed. 









Another exciting product was the YSL 'Forever Youth Liberator Serum'. Now, I'm guessing I'm not in their target audience for this as I think I'm a bit too young but I can't help being excited about trying out luxurious skincare even if it's not aimed at me. The little bottle is made of glass which makes it feel expensive (and it is)  and luxurious and having a pipet to dispense it rather than just a squeezy tube or something similar, makes it all very exciting (do other people get excited over really small things?). The actual product feels nice on the skin, I've only used it twice so far so I can't really say if it's done anything, but it makes a good make-up base. 









Next was another exciting one (it doesn't actually seem too bad overall does it?!) - a Burberry Lipstick sample in No.04 'Rosewood'. Once again, gorgeous packaging, especially with the Burberry print on the bullet of the lipstick. The sample is pretty small but the colour is nice, a kind of brown-red colour and the consistency really is very moisturising. And who wouldn't love a Burberry lipstick in their collection?










The final product is the Clarins 'Extra-Firming Body Cream' which claims to "Lift, Tone and Comfort". A very thick consistency which makes it feel luxurious and, although I've only used it once, I can say that I really like it. Don't know about the lifting and toning (need to use it a few more times to give a legitimate review of those effects), but it was a very good moisturiser and made my skin feel very soft indeed. The sample size was also pretty decent and I was happy with this because I'm a huge Clarins fan anyway. 





Having just reviewed each product on it's own I actually think the box is better than I did when I started this post! The only one I wasn't really pleased with was the perfume sample but actually, overall, the products were pretty good. I think maybe because I knew it was the Harrods Special Edition box I got myself a little too excited and that's why I might have been slightly disappointed but my mind has been changed. So there we go! Let me know if you got the box and what you thought of it and whether you loved it or loathed it!

Have a marvelous day!






No comments

Copyright © Sophie ElgarCREATED BY ThemeShine