×

Not just another beauty blog...

Beautifying Brushes

Real Techniques Stippling Brush



My make-up brush collection is unashamedly ever-growing. It's not huge by any means, but whenever I'm in the vicinity of them I seem to be incapable of just walking away. A good few months ago I bought one from the Real Techniques range by Samantha Chapman, one of the YouTube make-up artists I regularly watch, and I was really impressed by it. I bought the Stippling Brush to use with my foundation and found that not only was the quality of it exceptional, but it worked fantastically well.




So, when I heard the news that they were going to be selling them in selected Boots stores across the country I got a bit (too) excited. I never actually got round to checking whether or not the store nearest me was going to be stocking them, but one day happened to come across them and, naturally, had to buy them. Now they did actually have two sets to choose from; The 'Core Collection' and the 'Starter Set' (along with a selection of single brushes), and I was quite pleased with myself when I only walked away with one.
Real Techniques Core Collection
Sigma Large Contour Brush
Real Techniques Contour Brush


I went for the Core Collection, a selection of brushes mainly for base make-up, including the Buffing Brush, Detailer Brush, Pointed Foundation Brush and the Contour Brush. And I LOVE THEM. I've started using the Buffing Brush to apply my foundation and, whilst I do still love the Stippling Brush for this, I find that using the two for different types of foundation works wonders.


My favourite brush from the Core Collection is the Contour Brush which I use for applying blusher or a contouring powder. I do still mainly use my Stila Large Contour Brush for, surprise surprise, contouring, but find the Contour Brush (how many times am I going to say contour in this sentence) perfect for blusher. Because it's quite small it means you don't end up with massively rosy cheeks and are able to precisely apply the colour where you want it.


I will definitely be investing in some more from the range and will most probably go for the other set when I'm next in Boots. At £21.99 for four great quality brushes, I would highly recommend them, especially when make-up brushes can be a great deal more expensive from other brands. Take a look at the selection they have on the Boots website and let me know if you have any of these brushes and what you think of them.


Also, go over to the pixiwoo website for a list of all stockists of Real Techniques brushes. 


Hope you're having a lovely day!

No comments

Copyright © Sophie ElgarCREATED BY ThemeShine