×

Not just another beauty blog...

Product Lust: Clarins Ever Matte Foundation

As I mentioned before I'm a big fan of Clarins products and always use their Daily Energizer range, which is specifically targeted at the 18-late 20's age group. I absolutely love the products that I have from this range and have re-purchased them over and over again. 


Daily Energizer Wake-Up Booster (sample); Daily Energizer Cleanser; Daily Energizer Cream Gel
However, I've never actually tried out any of their make-up but have been on the hunt for a new foundation (figuratively speaking, most of my 'hunting' is done from my desk, on my laptop) and have heard a lot about the Clarins Ever Matte Foundation. As somebody with relatively oily skin, I am often drawn to foundations that give an indication that they will be somewhat mattifying and I have read good reviews on this one in particular.



Recently there has been an insurgence of new-generation foundations that have a selection of minerals and plant extracts in and provide good amounts of coverage whilst being almost invisible on the skin. A couple of other examples of this type of foundation are the Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid Make-Up (£27) and the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation (£29). 


The price of the Clarins foundation is £24 which I don't think is too bad for a product that is going to deliver what it says on the tin. On the Clarins website it says that the "plant-based 'Skin-Detox' complex regulates sebum and tightens pores...allowing it to breathe without drying." Sounds good, right? The foundation I use at the moment is a high-street one, the L'Oreal True Match, which actually I really like and find keeps my skin shine free for most of the day.
However, I have been wanting to try this one out for a while now and, luckily, it was payday for me today so I might have to be popping down to the shops to buy it, or maybe try a sample first to see how it is. I will do an update if I do take the plunge, but let me know if you've tried it and what you thought about it!



Hope your day is full of good things!

No comments

Copyright © Sophie ElgarCREATED BY ThemeShine