×

Not just another beauty blog...

NYR: Book Two!

OH MY GOD! I didn’t actually think I would finish it (it being Before I Go To Sleep just in case you missed my post about it) so soon but when I got towards the end I just couldn’t put it down and HAD to know where the story was going. And let me say, you won’t be disappointed. Unless I was being hideously blind and had lost my ability to think then I don’t think it would be an understatement to say I was completely shocked and that it was really a very good twist. I always like to think I’m reasonably good at guessing what’s going to happen, but I think because I had so very many ideas as to what might happen in this, I may have got distracted and not been able to focus on any other thoughts. 


But anyway that really doesn't matter. All that matters is how much I enjoyed reading this. It took me a few chapters to really get into it, as mentioned previously, but it was well worth persevering and was a very interesting concept to read about. I mean it is awful to imagine losing your memory every single day and having to rely on the people around you to tell you the truth and piece it back together. 


I would highly recommend this book for anyone that likes a bit of a thriller and a mystery. It will keep you guessing right up until the end and when you finally do realise the truth, it its written and described in a truly spine-tingling manner. It really makes you cherish the memories you have because really, they are all we are; a collection of memories adding up to a full life. 


I have started reading Pigeon English by Stephen Kelman, but got distracted and then started The Hunger Games trilogy (by Suzanne Collins) and haven't been able to put it down since, so the next review will be on those. 


Hope you enjoyed reading and hope you're having a fantastic day. 

No comments

Copyright © Sophie ElgarCREATED BY ThemeShine