×

Not just another beauty blog...

The New Year's Resolution

This year I promised myself that I would make resolutions and try to stick to at least one of them! Every year, along with thousands of other people, I make and break resolutions before you can even say February. This year I had about seven in total and so far this is the only one I have managed to maintain...fail.

The resolution is to read 30 books (at least) this year, only realising shortly after that this was two and a half books a month. Which seems like a lot. But I'd already written it in my notebook and I just really don't like making it look messy by scribbling things out! Now I'm not claiming to be a literary expert by any stretch and I probably wouldn't know a good book if it hit me square in the face, but these are just my thoughts and reactions and a bit of fun to keep my resolution ticking along nicely. 

I'm on my fifth book now (more on that in a later post) and as part of this blog I thought I'd do a short review on each of the books I read, so thought I'd start with the first...
Image from google.com
 It's called Into the Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Haynes and is one of those books that I found impossible to put down. It's about Catherine, a woman who has been through some traumatic events in her life and is trying to deal with the aftermath. There are a lot of twists and turns along the way that keep you fully engrossed and I found that I kept thinking about it throughout the day. The actual content of the book is at times harrowing and addresses some sensitive but brutal aspects of life. 

My only negative point is that I thought the ending was quite abrupt and I felt there could have been a bit more, but maybe that was just because I was enjoying it so much. 

I would really recommend it for something that isn't too much of a difficult read, but will most definitely have you engaged, scared and really wanting Catherine to be all right in the end. 

The next book I read was called Before I Go To Sleep by S J Watson and the review for this will be up in the not-too-distant-future. 

Thanks for reading, talk to you soon and I hope you're having a spiffing day. 


No comments

Copyright © Sophie ElgarCREATED BY ThemeShine